Us Weekly has affiliate partnerships, so we may receive compensation for some product and service links.
It’s getting hot, hot, hot! All winter New Yorkers dream of warmer, brighter days—but the sun always goes too far. The humidity puts a layer of sticky dampness over everything and everyone, and soon we don’t want to leave the apartment.
Unfortunately, living in New York means walking around and waiting on muggy subway tracks. To make the most of summer, you need to stock up on breezy and moisture-wicking fashion pieces. It’s still the city though, so let’s do it in style, right? Check out our 17 tips below!
1. Our absolute favourite: Made from 100% linen Iximo tank top will easily become your favorite piece of clothing. So airy – and available in six colors!
2. We also love: With its breathable linen-cotton blend, this is Merryfun shirt with buttons will be one of the most versatile summer pieces in your closet!
3. We must not forget: Whether you’re wearing it to workouts or casually with denim shorts or a maxi skirt, this sweat-wicking product is the perfect everyday companion lululemon Align Top is a must!
4. Bonuses: Sometimes you just swap a plain t-shirt for a light, short, baggy garment like this Wild Fable T Shirt by Target will do the trick!
5. Our absolute favourite: The Lillusory dress has absolute it girl vibes! Thanks to the cotton material, the cutouts and the slits, you too can feel the fresh wind!
6. We also love: This linen is timeless and incredibly versatile Amazhiyu dress Nails understated sophistication and makes dressing a breeze!
7. We must not forget: Maxi dresses are hot for summer, but make sure you don’t get too hot underneath the extra fabric. Grab this flowy cotton SNDYS Tahlia dress by Revolve!
8. Bonuses: Obviously we love how adorable this is Aohite babydoll dress is – but we especially love its spacious volume for hot summer days. No more stuff sticking to our skin!
jumpsuits and rompers
9. Our absolute favourite: If you love an airy quality in your clothes, go for this one Flygo cotton jumpsuit. You can just wear a bandeau bra underneath!
10. We also love: A sweat-wicking onesie? You bet! The Lululemon onesie is really cute – and even has an open back. Grab it in the final sale!
11. We must not forget: Looking cute and feeling comfortable in the heat doesn’t get much easier than slipping into this baggy Lumister onesie!
12. Our absolute favorite: Forget the denim shorts and wear a pair of these flowy, ruffled shorts Paitluc shorts into your Amazon shopping cart. cute and comfy!
13. We also love: Fashionable bike shorts are all we could wish for, especially when it’s damp outside. Slip into one of these premium, moisture-wicking styles Skims cycling shorts!
14. We must not forget: Still want the jean shorts look? You won’t want to do without this chambray Only she shorts in the denim color!
15. Our absolute favorite: Remember to keep an eye out for fabrics on longer skirts. The Scarlet darkness rock It’s made of viscose and lyocell, so you can be sure it’ll keep you cool!
16. We also love: Light and flowing, this asymmetrical cut Wild Fable mini skirt by Target goes with so many tops!
17. We must not forget: Not too long, not too short – just right. The Kancy Kole Rock It also scores with a smocked waistband and pockets!
Sign up for Us Weekly’s free daily newsletter and don’t miss the latest news or exclusive stories about your favorite stars, TV shows and more!
Not finished shopping yet? Discover more of our favorite finds below:
This post was brought to you by the Shop With Us team at Us Weekly. The Shop With Us team aims to highlight products and services that our readers might find interesting and useful, such as wedding guest outfits, handbags, plus size swimsuits, women’s sneakers, bridal shapewear, and perfect gift ideas for everyone in yours Life. However, the selection of products and services in no way constitutes an endorsement by Us Weekly or any celebrity mentioned in the post.
The Shop With Us team may receive free products from manufacturers for testing. In addition, Us Weekly receives compensation from the manufacturers of the products we write about if you click on a link and then purchase the product featured in an article. This does not affect our decision to feature or recommend a product or service. Shop With Us operates independently of the advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback at ShopWithUs@usmagazine.com. Have fun shopping!