93-year-old woman died after serving dish soap at Hillsdale Atria Senior Living Facility: San Mateo, CA Police Department

SAN MATEO, California — A 93-year-old woman has been pronounced dead after police confirmed she ingested toxic chemicals at a senior citizens’ facility in California.

“I worry that the level of care is not appropriate because such problems should not happen. This is very serious as it resulted in one death,” June Lee said.

Lee said she plans to enroll her husband in Atria Hillsdale Senior Living Facility this week.

ALSO SEE | California dermatologist arrested after allegedly poisoning husband with drain cleaner: police

“I will no longer consider this assisted living facility,” Lee said, adding, “Did you mention anything about the incident? No, the sales manager did not mention the incident.”

The incident happened on Sunday evening. Atria’s team said two other residents were also hospitalized.

In their statement, they revealed what the toxic chemical was: “We can confirm that three of our residents were recently taken to the hospital after they were mistakenly served dishwashing liquid as a drink.”

San Mateo District Attorney Steve Wagstaffe confirmed that the San Mateo Police Department brought the case to his attention Monday morning.

“At this point, at least, we’ve come to the conclusion that at this point we don’t think we’re ruling out whatever happened, but at this point we don’t think it was a deliberate act by anyone trying.” , to do harm to people,” Wagstaffe said.

If the current evidence indicates this was not intentional, then what happened? DA Wasgstaffe said negligence could not be ruled out.

“Of course, if people weren’t careful with the liquids and people suffered harm or death as a result, that could be a very significant lawsuit. Technically, there’s a thing in criminal law called criminal negligence,” he told Wagstaffe.

This facility also confirmed that it is conducting an internal investigation and the staff involved have been suspended for the time being.

RELATED | Dog goes blind after accidentally swallowing oxycodone on walk in California park

Read Atria’s full statement below:

“We can confirm that three of our residents were recently taken to the hospital after they were mistakenly served dishwashing liquid as a drink. We have worked with the local authorities who have informed us that a resident has passed away. Our sincere condolences go to the family.

When this happened, our staff immediately contacted the authorities and the residents were taken to the hospital for evaluation and treatment. We are conducting our own internal investigation and the staff involved have been suspended pending the completion of that investigation. We will continue to work with the Police and Department of Social Services to fully review and assess the incident and take further action thereafter as necessary. The safety and well-being of our residents is our top priority at all times. Out of respect for the people involved, we cannot comment further.”

Copyright © 2022 KABC Television, LLC. All rights reserved.

https://abc7.com/atria-hillsdale-senior-living-san-mateo-ca-dishwashing-liquid/12180752/ 93-year-old woman died after serving dish soap at Hillsdale Atria Senior Living Facility: San Mateo, CA Police Department

Laura Coffey

World Time Todays is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@worldtimetodays.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button