An exaggerated and polarizing historical epic prevents destruction through streaming

For the sake of entertainment, let’s say you asked someone to name their favorite historical epic starring, among others, Peter O’Toole and Omar Sharif. For 99.9 percent of people, the simple answer is: one of the best films of all time. Lawrence of Arabia. However, there is a small chance that the other 0.1 percent might agree A night with the kingeven if it’s the wrong answer.

44 years after he shared the screen in David Lean’s timeless classic, which became one of the most important and influential films in the history of cinema, winning seven Oscars from ten nominations including Best Picture and Best Director, and for always cast a shadow over the entire genre, O’Toole and Sharif were reunited in a biblical story that failed spectacularly, having failed to even recoup its modest $20 million budget from theaters, and the was widely released and earned a 19 percent Rotten Tomatoes score.

A night with the king
Image via 8x Entertainment

On the other side of the coin, over 25,000 users of the aggregation site have seen their audience approval rate rise to a remarkable 78 percent, and there’s a whole new group of streaming subscribers who are in the process of deciding which camp they fall into FlixPatrol revealed that the long-forgotten feature will be one of the most viewed tracks on iTunes as the weekend begins.

Released in some markets as Princess of Persia Because this is perhaps how the story goes in video games, Tiffany Dupont’s Hadassah is welcomed into the harem of Luke Goss’ King Xerxes, who harbors his own ambitions of widespread genocide. Of course, the newly crowned Queen Esther doesn’t accept this and steps up to save her people from extinction. It may have a second wind, but Lawrence of Arabia it is not.

Lindsay Lowe

Lindsay Lowe is a Worldtimetodays U.S. News Reporter based in Canada. His focus is on U.S. politics and the environment. He has covered climate change extensively, as well as healthcare and crime. Lindsay Lowe joined Worldtimetodays in 2023 from the Daily Express and previously worked for Chemist and Druggist and the Jewish Chronicle. He is a graduate of Cambridge University. Languages: English. You can get in touch with me by emailing:

Related Articles

Back to top button