In today’s world, the two most significant technologies are Artificial Intelligence and Data Science. From small businesses or startups to major multinational corporations and even public administrations, Data Science and Artificial Intelligence are transforming the business world. In its operations, Data science uses Artificial Intelligence, but this does not mean that AI is entirely represented by Data Science. The contrast between the two areas is in their approaches to problem-solving. While Data scientists use analytical tools to collect data and then draw conclusions from it, Artificial Intelligence engineers employ algorithms and software to create systems that detect patterns in data
The magnitude of information that is now being created gives us reason to believe that organizations and institutions will continue to place requests for qualified professionals in these domains. Given that both Data Science and Artificial Intelligence are hot topics in the IT sector, choosing to pursue a career in either field is a wise decision. Now, the issue is – which one is better for you? To begin, let’s quickly explain both fields.
The knowledge and intelligence that machines possess is known as Artificial Intelligence. Algorithms are utilized by artificial intelligence in order to carry out independent operations. AI is focused on developing the capacity to reason and act in a way that advances a certain objective. Large-scale data analysis, model building, and solution development are all steps in the AI engineering process. Intelligent models are created by AI developers as either software, hardware, or a mixture of the two. They establish systems that make use of cutting-edge machine learning methods to enhance company processes, provide customer assistance, or develop new goods and services. Artificial intelligence is being used by several large high-tech companies, like Google, Facebook, and Amazon to create autonomous systems lately.
Future Career Outlook for Artificial Intelligence Professionals
The future of AI employment prospects is really bright. The US Bureau of Labor Statistics anticipates an 11% increase in employment in computer science and information technology between 2019 and 2029. The industry will gain roughly 531,200 additional employment as a result. Artificial intelligence has the power to significantly alter every area of the economy for the betterment of mankind. To meet their business technical needs, businesses need AI skills. AI incorporates a variety of valuable technologies such as machine learning, pattern recognition, and self-enhancing algorithms. In the coming year, there will no sector in India that this potent tool has not reformed. A profession in AI is thus drawing job applicants to it and seeing tremendous development. AI covers exciting subfields such as computer vision, as well as machine learning, and machine learning employment is predicted to be around $31 billion by 2024. AI job roles are well-paying, with an average annual base income of $125,000, and an AI profession is future-proof because it is a part of so many cutting-edge, forward-thinking innovations.
Data science is the modern dominating technology that has dominated industries all over the world, bringing about the world’s fourth industrial revolution. Data science is a broad area that encompasses a wide variety of expertise and disciplines. It is a comprehensive examination of information flow from enormous volumes of data stored in an organization’s database. It is the process of extracting and interpreting information from data using mathematical and statistical techniques. A wide range of statistical methods, such as nonlinear, linear regression, and logistics are used by data scientists, along with specialized software. Organizations have had success extracting business insight from unstructured and raw data with the use of data science. Since Data science has such a wide scope, if you’re interested in pursuing a career in this area, you may choose the part-time data science courses to get started.
Future Career Outlook for Data Science Professionals
Both the demand and the supply gap for experts in diverse data science positions are at an all-time high. The need for data scientists is anticipated to increase by 15% through 2029, according to the Occupational Outlook Handbook published by the US Bureau of Labor Statistics(BLS). According to the BLS, individuals with skills in computer science, math, and finance will have an enormous edge in advancing in the profession of Data Science. The swift acceptance of data analysis by various firms and industries may be found to have an influence on the expansion of the data science employment market.
The requirement for skilled data science workers who comprehend big data is increasing along with the demand for ever-increasing amounts of data. But not just data scientists are anticipated to be in great demand in the upcoming years. The future for a data science profession is favorable for those having a data science background in both education and employment. Data science careers are both well-paid and in high demand.
Job Opportunities in Artificial Intelligence
Due to its many uses across several industries, there are many job possibilities in AI. A list of prospective AI careers is available here:
● AI Data Analyst – An AI data analyst’s primary responsibility is to execute data mining, data cleaning, and data interpretation. A bachelor’s degree in mathematics or computer science is required to work as an AI data analyst. A thorough grasp of regression and the ability to use MS Excel is required for this post. Data scientists make an average income of Rs. 6 LPA.
● Robotics Scientist – A master’s degree in computer science, robotics, or engineering is required for the position. A Robotics Engineer’s median wage is around Rs. 10-20LPA.
● Artificial Intelligence Engineer – Engineers of artificial intelligence are problem-solvers who create, test, and use various AI models. The study of computer science or statistics at the undergraduate or graduate level is required. It is imperative to be proficient in a number of programming languages, including Python and C++. The typical compensation in artificial intelligence jobs is around Rs. 8.5 LPA.
● Machine Learning Engineer – One recognised branch of artificial intelligence is machine learning (ML). Preferably, you should have a master’s degree in computer science or mathematics for this role. The needed technological stacks are Python, R, and Java. A machine learning engineer typically makes around 7.5 LPA in compensation.
● Big Data Engineer – The position is appropriate for people who want to experiment with cutting-edge technology and are able to think outside the relational database box. When compared to other AI positions, becoming a big data engineer would earn you a respectable remuneration. Big Data engineers often make Rs. 7.2 LPA per hour.
Job Opportunities in Data Science
There is a wide range of employment options in data science. You will have access to a variety of job roles and career prospects if you decide to pursue a data science profession. The following are a few of the attractive careers in Data Science:
● Data Engineer – Data engineers gather, organize, and prepare data so that data scientists may use it. For this position, advanced working knowledge of SQL and expertise using relational databases are prerequisites. The median pay for a Data Engineer in India is Rs. 8.5 LPA, but it can vary depending on a number of elements, including company size and reputation, job role, and years of experience.
● Data Architect – An organization’s data management systems are designed, created, and maintained by a data architect. A Data Architect must have a minimum of 7 years of experience. The starting salary for a data architect in India is around 20 lakh rupees annually.
● Business Intelligence Analyst – In order to enhance the company’s efficiency and produce more revenues, a business intelligence analyst assists in the analysis of the data that has been gathered. In India, business analysts may expect to earn 7.6 LPA in compensation.
● Machine Learning Engineer – Machine learning engineers, a common profession or career in data science, are generally in charge of automating data analysis procedures. The average annual salary for a Machine learning engineer in India is around 7 lakhs, with salary packages ranging from 4 lakhs to 22.0 lakhs.
● Database Administrator – Database administrators create backup and recovery plans and are in charge of managing and storing data in a safe and secure manner. In India, a Database Administrator makes an average annual pay of about 7.9 lakh rupees. Their annual compensation ranges from little under 4.1 lakh rupees to 15 lakh rupees.
Although no one can forecast the future, we can claim that data science and artificial intelligence are revolutionizing how businesses conduct themselves and make choices. It’s time to select and make a wise career shift to one of the many fields where data science and artificial intelligence have already penetrated. Companies also need to recruit individuals with skills in data science and AI owing to the data-driven era.
Nevertheless, it should be noted that data science and artificial intelligence are not simple areas, and success in them requires a great deal of effort. If you believe you have the skills and motivation to begin working in these extremely lucrative sectors, don’t delay;
enroll in some short-term data science and artificial intelligence courses to gain an advantage over your competition.