Larian Studios, developer of Baldur’s Gate 3, has shaved His Majesty after fans of the cat complained about a recent change that added fur.
His Majesty is a cat found at the Last Light Inn who looked like a hairless Sphynx. However, this appearance was a mistake, giving His Majesty the same model as Steelclaw, another cat that was intended to be a Sphynx.
And so Larian fixed the bug with the recently released Patch 3 of Baldur’s Gate 3. “His Majesty’s visuals, which previously looked like Steelclaw, have been updated,” the patch notes read. “His Majesty’s appearance now corresponds to his name and nature.”
You would have thought so, but it turns out His Majesty had fans who lamented this new look and called on Larian to reverse the correction.
Speaking of glow-downs 😭 pic.twitter.com/t7fG03BjL5
– renni 🗡️ (@stinkofavernus) September 23, 2023
With the release of Hotifix 8, the developer has now done exactly that. “Shaved His Majesty, who is once again a Sphynx. “Steelclaw’s eye color has been adjusted so they are no longer identical twins,” the notes read.
Hotfix #8 is now available for Baldur’s Gate 3. This update fixes several crashes and issues, including your party members transferring all important items to you when you are dismissed.
More importantly, we shaved His Majesty.
Read more: pic.twitter.com/ODPN1SZiRH
— Larian Studios (@larianstudios) October 3, 2023
That’s not all Hotfix 8 does. Most importantly, it fixes several crash issues and eliminates the issue that caused party members to have to transfer all important items to you when they were fired.
“Are your companions in the habit of taxing you both physically and emotionally? “We have reviewed your reports and restored your Patch 2 behavior,” Larian said. “When they are released, they no longer give you all the items they think are important for you to carry, like a toddler at the grocery store.”
Baldur’s Gate 3 Hotfix 8 Patch Notes
- Companions will no longer transfer story items in their inventory to the player when dismissed, restoring Patch 2 behavior.
- Fixed an issue where reaction pop-ups would sometimes not display text descriptions of the available reactions.
- Fixed a multiplayer crash that occurred when listening to dialogue after an active roll.
- Listen will no longer trigger when a character is in a character creation session, e.g. B. when leveling up or in the magic mirror.
- Fixed a bug in Vulkan that caused DEVICE_LOST crashes.
- Fixed a bug where skeletons created with Animate Dead were missing their ranged weapons, even though they were specialized for them.
- Fixed an issue where Weapon Mastery would appear as incomplete if a player already mastered all weapons.
- Fixed a crash when reassigning characters in split screen.
- Fixed a visual issue with volumetric fog and material generation.
- Fixed an issue where invalid saves were being created.
- Raphael’s hair color and horns have been restored. The House of Hope is once again fashion conscious.
- Fixed an issue where the Githyanki female splint armor was causing some unnecessarily psychedelic visual effects.
- Shaved His Majesty, who is once again a Sphynx. Steelclaw’s eye color has been adjusted so that he is no longer an identical twin.
- Raphael’s portraits have been corrected after restoring his hair color. Maybe he was born with it, maybe it’s Avernus.
- Fixed issue where Twitch Drops could not be claimed on PS5.
In IGN’s Review of Baldur’s Gate 3which was rated 10/10, we said: “With crisp, tactical RPG combat, a memorable story with complex characters, a sophisticated cinematic presentation and a world that consistently rewards exploration and creativity, Baldur’s Gate 3 is the new high water. “Marking for CRPGs.”
For more information, check out IGN’s comprehensive Baldur’s Gate 3 walkthrough.
Wesley is the UK news editor for IGN. Find him on Twitter at @wyp100. You can reach Wesley at firstname.lastname@example.org or confidentially at email@example.com.