The Baldur’s Gate 3 hotfixes are coming in large numbers. After Hotfix 8, which shaved His Majesty’s head following intense fan backlash, came out earlier this week, Larian has now released Hotfix 9, bringing the sprawling Dungeons & Dragons-style RPG to version number 18.104.22.16867641.
According to Larian, Hotfix 9 fixes numerous bugs, issues and crashes and also allows players to change the appearance of their mercenaries via the Magic Mirror.
“The same restrictions apply as editing your Tav, but we hope this will allow you to create the party of your dreams,” Larian explained in a post on the Baldur’s Gate 3 Steam page. “Or someone else’s nightmares. We can’t wait to see it.”
Hirelings are characters you can hire to join your party. You will be summoned by Withers to provide assistance when you seek her services. According to Withers, these individuals are spirits of fallen adventurers who were former cult members of the Absolute. For more information, check out IGN’s guide “How to Unlock and Recruit Hirelings.”
Sticking with the magic mirror, players can now use it to change their character’s name. “We’re going to use this to add ‘Cool’ before each of our characters, but you do it,” Larian joked.
Here are the Baldur’s Gate 3 Hotfix 9 Patch Notes complete:
- You can now use the magic mirror on mercenaries.
- You can now change your name via the Magic Mirror.
- Fixed a rare crash that could occur when unloading or fast-loading a game.
- Fixed an issue causing GPU crashes on PS5 Vulkan.
- Fixed an issue where the Guardian Statue would repeatedly fall into an abyss, causing the server to stall.
- Fixed a split-screen issue on PS5 that could result in a black screen when listening to dialogue.
- Fixed an issue where unprepared spells would not remove their buffs when the spell was cast.
- Fixed buffs being removed when spells were not prepared if the buff came from another source (e.g. a scroll).
- Fixed an issue that caused some character positions and animations to break when skipping lines in certain dialogues.
- Fixed preview not working correctly in Accessibility Options.
- Fixed an issue that caused Minthara’s Romance to trigger unreliably.
- Minthara’s dialogue after you has been corrected SPOILER won’t trigger properly when you talk to her.
- Fixed an issue where the Adamantine Splint Armor would sometimes make your legs transparent.
- A geometry stretching bug introduced in Hotfix 8 on Vulkan has been fixed.
- Fixed issue where characters would appear in underwear in some intimate scenes even if you had nudity enabled.
- Fixed an issue where Feign Death would result in an endless “Leave and Join” combat loop under certain circumstances.
- Fixed: Prices in dialogues were not displayed correctly in saves created while the price was displayed on screen.
- The line of sight system for objects without visibility, such as: B. Items have been optimized.
In IGN’s Review of Baldur’s Gate 3which was rated 10/10, we said: “With crisp, tactical RPG combat, a memorable story with complex characters, a sophisticated cinematic presentation and a world that always rewards exploration and creativity, Baldur’s Gate 3 is the new high water. “Marking for CRPGs.”
For more information, see the comprehensive IGN edition Walkthrough for Baldur’s Gate 3.
Wesley is the UK news editor for IGN. Find him on Twitter at @wyp100. You can reach Wesley at email@example.com or confidentially at firstname.lastname@example.org.