Cities: Skylines 2 will miss its October release on consoles.
The delay was announced today by publisher Paradox Interactive and developer Colossal Order.
It was originally scheduled to release alongside PC on October 24th, but the development team concluded that it needed more time to “achieve the quality goals” it had set to deliver the best gaming experience on consoles . Postponing the PlayStation and Xbox versions to spring 2024 will give the team the time they need to achieve quality and performance across all platforms.
Further updates on the console release window will be released soon. As the team continues to optimize, the minimum and recommended PC specifications have been updated.
Recommended specification for FHD devices:
- CPU: Intel Core i5-12600K | AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
- RAM: 16GB
- GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 (10GB) | AMD equivalent
- Operating system: Windows 10 Home 64 bit | Windows 11
Minimum specification for FHD devices:
- CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K | AMD Ryzen 5 2600X
- RAM: 8GB
- GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 (4GB) | AMD equivalent
- Operating system: Windows 10 Home 64 bit
PC users can still purchase the game on Steam and the Microsoft Store on October 24th.