ASTRA: Knight of Veda is a brand new 2D action RPG just announced by publisher HYBE IM. Developer FLINT will be participating in this year’s Steam Next Fest from October 9th to 16th. The story-driven title was presented to over 2,000 players at gamescom 2023 for limited play testing, but now there will be a full demo during the Steam event for everyone to try out. Although you may have never heard of HYBE and its subsidiary HYBE IM, the company is best known as a global entertainment lifestyle company. This is their first attempt at publishing games.
ASTRA: Knight of Veda is a 2D side-scroll game with modern elements that promises exciting real-time tactical battles against gigantic beasts and relentless undead as well as 200 cutscenes and over 1800 dark illustrations. The game takes place in the land of Planis, where the hero king Magnus, who once saved the land from evil, has begun executing those who oppose him, plunging the kingdom of Neejeram into chaos and destruction. To put an end to Magnus and his tyranny, his son Edward and the Liberation Army managed to attack Gigantfall, the capital of Neejeram. But when Magnus was attacked by an unknown otherworldly force, he was reborn as a giant tree of death and covered Neejeram, stealing numerous lives across the continent, including the 5th Liberation Army. To save the world from its cursed fate, the goddess Veda has chosen you as her knight. The journey across the continent begins together with other knights of the Veda.
To reflect this story, the game’s unique art style combines the intricate details with a horror-driven twist.
This public demo offers you the first opportunity to experience the game’s dark fantasy action RPG gameplay ahead of its official release later this year. Crossplay between PC and mobile will be available during this demo period for those who want to try out the game with their friends on different devices.
You may be wondering how to do this ASTRA: Knight of Veda REALLY play? I’m glad you asked. You take command of a team of up to four knights in battle, alone or in co-op with your allies. ASTRA’s combat system is skill-based and entirely manual. So you’ll have to think quickly when attacking, dodging and using your skills and team in a deadly battle. Challenge yourself in real-time PvE and PvP battles, face the nightmare, search for treasure and strengthen your knights.
Game modes that will be available during Steam Next Fest include:
- Adventure mode – The game’s primary story mode. Five chapters consisting of 60 stages will be available in the Steam Next Fest demo for players of all skill levels.
- Sealed prison – This is a single 1v1 semi-raid style boss battle mode with AI monsters based on the player’s skills. The attack patterns and strategy for defeating the boss will be different in each stage, providing players with unique experiences every time they play the mode.
- Veda’s nightmare – A manifestation of the horrors faced by the Master of the Book. As you complete chapters in the adventure, you can fight the bosses in the Nightmare Dungeon again. While the Sealed Prison is a 1v1 battle with a powerful boss, the Nightmare Dungeon has you battling a sea of enemies before you get the chance to fight the beast again.
- Arena mode – Players can compete against each other in 1v1, 2v2 or 3v3 battles. Work together with your team to defeat the opposing players in real-time combat.
- Tower of Trials – A season-based single-player mode in which players climb a tower by overcoming various gimmicks and monsters during the limited season period. Players select a total of 8 characters from 2 team compositions to reach the top of the tower. There are a total of 5 floors available during Steam Next Fest.
ASTRA: Knight of Veda will also feature fully voiced characters in Korean, English and Japanese. The game will be available on Steam, Android and iOS devices and will enable gamepad, keyboard + mouse and mobile device controls at game launch.
The demo for ASTRA: Knight of Veda will be available from October 9th to 16th during Steam Next Fest. Players can try out this dark fantasy action RPG and all of its modes for themselves by visiting Steam page here During the event ahead of its official release in late 2023. Live streams featuring the game hosted by content creators from around the world will be LIVE on Twitch and the store page starting October 9th at 7:00 PM PDT and starting October 10th from The game’s community manager will be available at 11:00 a.m. PDT.