Dead By Daylight (DBD) PTB Update 5.8.0 Patch Notes Today May 17th
Update: Added the latest patch notes.
Dead By Daylight received the new PTB update 5.8.0 today, marking the start of a brand new chapter in the game, Roots of Dread.
- MORE: Genshin Impact Leak Reveals Heizou Weapon and Height Nerf
Here are the full patch notes of the update.
Dead By Daylight PTB Update 5.8.0 Patch Notes Today (May 17th)
- Progression and save data information has been copied from the live game to our PTB servers May 11th. Please note that players can progress for the duration of the PTB, but none of that progress will make it back to the live version of the game.
New map – Garden of Joy
New Killer – The Dredge
- New Perk: Resolution
- 3 seconds after a Survivor is injured in any way, Resolution activates for 12/16/20 second(s). If Dissolve is active and a Survivor rapidly jumps over a palette within your terror radius, the entity will break the palette at the end of the jump and Dissolve will be disabled.
- New Perk: Darkness Revealed
- Opening a locker reveals the auras of all survivors within 8 meters of any locker for 3/4/5 seconds. This perk has a 30 second cooldown.
- New Perk: Septic Touch
- Whenever a Survivor performs the heal action within your Terror Radius, they suffer Blindness and Exhaustion. These effects last for 6/8/10 seconds after a heal is interrupted in any way.
New Survivor – Haddie Kaur
- New Perk: Inner Focus
- You can see the claw marks of other survivors within 32 meters of you. Whenever another Survivor loses health within 32 meters of you, the Killer’s Aura is revealed to you for 3/4/5 seconds.
- New Perk: Remnant Manifesto
- After a successful killer blind action, the killer is affected by the blind status effect for 20/25/30 seconds. This perk grants the ability to rummage through an opened chest once per trial and guarantees a basic flashlight.
- New Perk: Overzealous
- After cleaning any totem, this benefit will be activated. Your generator repair speed is increased by 4%/5%/6%. This perk will be disabled if you lose a health condition in any way.
New General Killer Perk – Shattered Hope
- Whenever you snort a Blessing Totem, the totem is destroyed instead. Destroying a Boon Totem in this way reveals the auras of all survivors within the Boon Totem’s range for 6/7/8 seconds.
- Main Menu Layout Change – Allows more space to gaze longingly at the campfire.
- Removed menu movement when using a controller on all screens.
Presets – For gear and customization
- Added the ability to save your favorite Loadout builds and customizations to the Loadout and Customizations menus respectively.
- Added a warning message in the Custom Games lobby stating that games do not count towards achievements.
- Updated desktop icon.
- An additional puzzle box has been added to all matches
- Survivors are guaranteed to find the key to their Reverse Bear Trap with a maximum of 4 crates searched (It can still be found earlier, but you never have to search more than 4 crates)
Developer Note: Some Pig players camped in front of the final jigsaw box and prevented a Survivor from getting rid of their Reverse Beartrap. With these changes, this strategy will no longer work!
- Fixed the localization of the Green Glyph challenge description text to better clarify spawn rules and aura reveal information.
- Added a timer to the main menu that shows the time remaining until the rift is closed.
- For the time being, fixed an issue that caused players to get a rubber band after the 5.7.0 update.
- For the time being, fixed an issue that caused the Onryo’s power to sometimes not load properly at the start of a game.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the hook indicator not to update when entering the combat phase.
- Fixed an issue that allowed The Hillbilly to use its momentum to reach inaccessible areas.
- Fixed an issue that could cause Killers to be unable to use their power for the duration of the Trial.
- Fixed an issue that resulted in Survivors being misaligned when hooked after being retrieved from a Basement Locker.
- Fixed an issue that resulted in the Killer’s camera getting stuck after a Survivor was interrupted while closing a White Glyph.
- Fixed an issue where The Legion chase music (and addon mixtapes) was too loud.
- Fixed an issue where several assets on the Léry’s Memorial Institute map had the wrong effect SFX.
- Fixed an issue that caused an inaccessible green glyph in a locker on the Midwich Elementary School map.
- Fixed an issue that occasionally caused Daily Rituals to temporarily display an incorrect number of Bloodpoints.
- Fixed the disabled statuses in the tutorials menu to make it easier to understand when they are locked/disabled.
- Fixed a misaligned button in the Redeem Promo Code pop-up window.
- Fixed an issue that resulted in The Nemesis zombies getting stuck when climbing basement stairs.
- Fixed an issue that caused blocked generators to lose progress when the Eruption perk triggered.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Kindred perk to remain active if the survivor who was using it disconnected.
- Fixed an issue that caused a bush in the rookery to disappear from afar.
- Fixed an issue that could cause a totem at the top of the stairs in the Midwich Elementary School map to be unreachable.
- Fixed an issue that resulted in Survivors working on the Light Tower side of the Generator not being attacked by the Zenobite’s Chain Hunt.
- Fixed an issue that might prevent the Killer from picking up Survivors knocked down next to a fence on the Haddonfield map.
- The game may occasionally crash while booting on the Steam overlay.
- Some of the new content is not fully translated into all languages.
- Various typos, punctuation, and formatting errors in some of the new content descriptions.
- The Dredge does not receive a point event for kidnapping a survivor from a locker.
- The Dredge has no animation on the game results screen when in a locker at the end of the game.
- Nightfall’s glow effect remains active while carrying a Survivor from both Killer and Survival POV.
- Survivors will not have the Nightfall glow effect from the Dredge’s POV if it exits a locker at the same time Nightfall starts.
- Survivors can interact with locks while the locker doors slam with Dredge’s Lavalier Microphone add-on.
- The Jigsaw Box search speed is not affected by the Pig’s Bag of Gears and Crate of Gears add-ons.
- The add-ons Pig’s Workshop Grease and Last Will do not affect the loading speed of Ambush.
- The Wraith is not affected by Blast Mine while cloaked.
- Killers can see the Addicted Survivor’s aura with the Darkness Revealed perk.
- Survivors who enter the Killer Terror Radius and are already healing are unaffected by the Blindness and Exhaustion status effects of the Septic Touch perk.
- If a Survivor is in front of a locker, Spine Chill will activate regardless of which direction the dredge is facing while in that locker.
- Killer hits when damaging a generator make no sound.
- Thick fog can be seen as the Cenobite opens a portal in the basement houses in Haddonfield.
- Aiming the Dredge’s teleportation power at a cluster of lockers can cause display issues.
- When using the old Wiggle system, Survivors get an additional skill check after being grabbed in a locker by The Dredge. It is recommended to opt-in to the new Wiggle interaction under the Beta tab in the Settings menu.
https://www.dualshockers.com/dead-by-daylight-dbd-ptb-update-5-8-0-patch-notes-today-may-17/ Dead By Daylight (DBD) PTB Update 5.8.0 Patch Notes Today May 17th