- house of the dragon is a game of Thrones House Targaryen prequel.
- The new series, starring Matt Smith and Emma D’Arcy, premieres August 21 on HBO.
- house of the dragon will cover events described in George RR Martins Fire & Blood.
It’s been years game of Thrones Fans waited in front of the TV for new content, but when will they return to Westeros house of the dragon debuts this August. That game of Thrones Prequel, starring Matt Smith, Paddy Considine, Emma D’Arcy and Olivia Cooke, will cover key events in Westeros history, many of which are outlined in George RR Martins Fire & Blood. Here’s everything we know house of dragon, including release date on HBO.
When does House of the Dragon play and what is it about?
game of Thrones precursor house of the dragon will take place 200 years before the events of the original series, but there will be another feud for the Iron Throne. This time the fight takes place within a family. In the show, the members of the House of Targaryen quarrel over who will become the heir of King Viserys I Targaryen (Paddy Considine).
The two main contenders are Princess Rhaenyra (Emma D’Arcy) and Prince Daemon (Matt Smith), both of whom will start a war over their quest for the kingdom. And with House Targaryen in the midst of their golden age, fans can expect to see plenty of dragons.
The war in question – dubbed the Dance of the Dragons – is referenced throughout game of Thrones, but it’s fully fleshed out in the prequel. So when can fans expect this new addition? game of Thrones Universe? Luckily it’s coming our way soon.
Release date of “House of the Dragon” on HBO
With more politics, sword fights and dragons to look forward to, game of Thrones Fans won’t want to miss HBO’s prequel series. Luckily the release date for house of the dragon is soon. The show will premiere on HBO and HBO Max on August 21, 2022.
As Game of Thrones, House of Dragons New episodes air every Sunday. Season 1 will consist of a total of 10 episodes, giving fans plenty of content to look forward to.
There is no confirmation for a second season. However, according to Variety, showrunner Ryan Condal confirmed that they are planning more episodes during the show’s Comic-Con panel.
With such a large cast, it’s probably no surprise that it takes multiple seasons to tell this story. So which actors will make the headlines game of Thrones prequel series?
Who is in the cast of the Game of Thrones prequel?
part of Game of Thrones’ Appeal was the cast, which brought its complex characters to life, and house of the dragon garnered similar talent for the prequel. The four most notable actors highlighted in the trailer include:
- Paddy Considine as King Viserys Targaryen
- Matt Smith as Prince Daemon Targaryen
- Emma D’Arcy as Princess Rhaenyra Targaryen
- Olivia Cook as Alicent Hightower
These four play a prominent role in the coming war for the throne. But many other stars round off the cast. According to TVLine, fans can expect to see the following talent house of the dragon:
- Rhys Ifans as Otto Hightower
- Eve Best as Princess Rhaenys Targaryen
- Sonoya Mizuno as Mysaria
- Steve Touissant as Lord Corlys Velaryon
- Graham McTavish as Ser Harold Westerling
- Ryan Corr as Ser Harwin “Breakbones” Strong
- David Horovitch as Grand Maester Mellos
- Jefferson Hall as twins Lord Jason Lannister and Ser Tyland Lannister
- Gavin Spokes as Lord Lyonel Strong
- Matthew Needham as Larys Strong
- Bill Paterson as Lord Lyman Beesbury
Similar to Game of Thrones, The massive cast will likely take some getting used to. Luckily, fans will soon get a chance to meet her. And when they resemble the characters from the original series, viewers will fall for them in no time.
house of the dragon Premieres on HBO and HBO Max on August 21, 2022.
RELATED: 12 ‘Game of Thrones’ episodes fans need to see before ‘House of the Dragon’
https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/house-of-the-dragon-everything-know-game-of-thrones-prequel.html/ Everything we know about the Game of Thrones prequel