Last week, little Keegan Sinclair woke his parents up when he noticed smoke in their home.
WHITE COUNTY, Georgia — A 7-year-old from White County is being recognized for his courage and quick thinking that saved his family’s life.
Last week, little Keegan Sinclair woke his parents up when he noticed smoke in their home. As a result of Keegan’s actions, everyone was reportedly able to exit the home safely a social media post by White County Public Safety.
There was a fire which appeared to be caused by an electrical problem igniting on the outside of the house.
“This Thanksgiving season, we are grateful for this young man and his quick actions that ultimately saved his family and home,” said David Murphy, the county’s director of public safety.
Firefighters and other personnel gathered Wednesday night to honor Keegan. White County Fire Services Division chief Michael LeFevre called the 7-year-old a “true hero”.
“Without Keegan and his quick thinking, this call could have ended in tragedy,” LeFevre said.
They shared photos of Keegan’s recognition on social media.
https://www.kvue.com/article/news/local/7-year-old-white-county-fire-family-saved/85-c7a4b12f-ecb6-46ca-9a4d-524020f7df28 Georgia 7-year-old saves family in fire