Tuesday, October 3, 2023, 12:59 a.m
ABC7 is looking for a graphic designer/broadcast designer. This meticulous graphic designer should have a high level of creativity and solution orientation. Are you a morning artist? We’re looking for a morning person – someone who shines bright and early – to create graphics for the weekday editions of the ABC7 Morning News!
Join our team and put your graphic design skills to the test!
This position is a morning/lunch shift Monday through Friday. This role is an on-site position, meaning the employee will work continuously from a location designated by the company.
What you’re going to do
- Collaborate with the content/marketing and messaging departments to create engaging messaging and digital graphics
- Work closely with teams to design and produce creative concepts for key artworks across all platforms and audience touchpoints
- Make sure all visual content resonates with audiences across platforms
Required qualifications & Skills
- More than two years of experience in broadcast television
- Professional technical knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite: After Affects, Premiere, Illustrator, Photoshop
- Extensive portfolio of work with an elevated design aesthetic
- Experience in brand promotion/presentation and storytelling
- Knowledge of current events – news, entertainment and sports
- Maintain brand authenticity in all creative work
- Create design solutions that visually convey a specific message, idea or concept
- Design for broadcast, digital and print
- Deliver and present concepts and designs to creative and marketing partners and project team members
- Assist in the production of a variety of assets and have an understanding of file preparation/deadlines/print layouts and printing processes for print and digital applications
- Bilingual Spanish/English skills are an advantage
- Basic knowledge of Ross XPression Designer/Maps would be desirable
BA/BFA degree in graphic design, digital media or relevant professional experience
The pay rate for this IATSE Union position in Glendale, California is $43.48 per hour. Selected benefits may be provided as part of the compensation package, such as medical, financial and/or other benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Women/Minorities/Veterans/Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.