The organization will host a pop-up health event this Friday.
AUSTIN, Texas – HAAM Day, the annual event of the Health Alliance for Austin Musicians (HAAM), raised more than $800,000 for Austin-area musicians during its 2022 event on September 13.
Each year the organization works to provide health services and support to low-income, working musicians in Austin. This year, HAAM broke the record for the most raised in the group’s history.
Following on from this year’s success, HAAM will be hosting its first-ever pop-up healthcare services event this week. Musicians, DJs and music teachers are all invited to show up and receive free services including:
- Bespoke filtered earplugs by Estes Audiology (pre-arranged appointments)
- Half Helen eye test and glasses (pre-arranged appointments)
- Flu Vaccines and COVID-19 Vaccines with Austin Public Health
- Annual medical checkup planning at the Austin Regional Clinic
- STD tests by Vivent Health
- Bags and selected products from HEB
- Hygiene and safe sex kits and overdose reversal materials and training from Vivent Health
- Chair massage from the Austin Massage Company
- First Aid Kits compliments of Sendero
- Open registration preparation with HAAM health navigators
- Recipe samples and Double Up Benefit guidance from the Sustainable Food Center
- Grocery baskets from Farmshare
- Sign up with the YMCA for a gym membership
RELATED: HAAM Day returns at Austin venues
“HAAM provides a lifeline for Austin musicians and since 2005 has helped over 6,000 musicians access more than $123 million in healthcare services ranging from primary and specialty care, dentistry, vision, hearing, mental health, basic needs and other services.” said the organizers.
The event will take place on Friday, September 23 from 9am to 3pm at KFMA Studios at 41 Navasota Street.
Parents are moving their kids from public school to homeschool, new data shows
Doctors and local officials are offering solutions to counter the rise in overdose deaths
Attempted burglary of patrol car leads to fight, cop injured
https://www.kvue.com/article/news/local/haam-day-2022-for-austin-area-musicians/269-2c7e646e-70c6-4c5d-ab25-f5d30707001e HAAM Day 2022 raised more than $800,000 for Austin-area musicians