Get ready for some holiday cheer. Hallmark Channel’s countdown to Christmas 2022 is here. We’ve got all the details you need to know about the launch, new movie premieres and more.
The countdown to Christmas 2022 starts on October 21st
TIED TOGETHER: When Calls the Heart Season 10 won’t premiere until mid-2023
As in years past, the countdown to Christmas 2022 begins while many people are still busy planning their Halloween costumes. The event starts on Friday October 21st and lasts until Sunday December 18th.
Thirty-one new films will air on Hallmark Channel. Another nine premieres are planned for Hallmark Movies & Mysteries’ Christmas Miracle event. This year’s program highlights include the channel’s first-ever Kwanzaa-focused film (vacation heritage) and films about the Chinese American community (A fat family Christmas and Christmas at the Golden Dragon) and Jewish holiday customs (Hanukkah on the rye). Jonathan Bennett and George Krissa will also star the holiday sitter, the network’s first vacation film to focus on an LGBTQ romance.
New movies air every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, with double-duties for Thanksgiving weekend. All films air at 8:00 p.m. ET except for Thanksgiving weekend when the films also premiere at 6:00 p.m. ET.
Hallmark Christmas Movies Premiering October 2022
This year’s Countdown to Christmas event begins with Noel next door. It’s about a single mom who gets into a fight with her neighbor and feels like she’s ruining Christmas. But could this misunderstood nag be the guy stealing her heart? Noel next door Stars Natalie Hall and Corey Sevier and will air on Friday October 21st.
Also on Hallmark Channel in October are:
- We wish you a blessed Christmas (October 22): A married couple struggles to bond as the holidays near. Marisol Nichols and Kristoffer Polaha star.
- A Kismet Christmas (October 23): A children’s book author returns to her hometown, where she reconnects with her family and teenage crush. With Sarah Ramos, Carlo Marks and Marilu Henner.
- A cozy Christmas inn (October 28): A real estate executive travels to Alaska to buy a B&B, only to find out her ex owns it. With Full house alum Jodie Sweetin and David O’Donnell.
- Merry Christmas (October 29): A Christmas film set in London, starring Reshma Shetty and Will Kemp.
- Ghosts of Christmas always (October 30): Katherine, the spirit of Christmas Present, must help a man named Peter rediscover his Christmas spirit.
Christmas movies airing in November 2022
- A magical Christmas village (November 4th): A family’s heirloom Miniature Christmas Village grants holiday wishes. Alison Sweeney, Luke Macfarlane (in what may be his last film for the network) and Marlo Thomas star.
- Lights, Camera, Christmas! (November 5): A shopkeeper fills in as a costume designer for a holiday rom-com shoot in her town. She ends up falling in love with the lead actor in this film starring Kimberley Sustad and John Brotherton.
- All Saints Christmas (Nov. 6): A popular R&B singer heads home to New Orleans for the holidays with her ex-music producer. Ledisi and Roger Cross stars.
- In a happy measure (November 11): A pop star returns home for the holidays and ends up coaching the high school choir with her one-time rival. Patti Murin, Brendan Penny and Jennifer Robertson star.
- The royal nanny (12 Nov): An MI5 agent goes undercover as a royal nanny for Christmas. With Rachel Skarsten, Dan Jeannotte and Greta Scacchi.
- Christmas at the Golden Dragon (November 13): When Romy and Rick’s parents announce they plan to close the family’s restaurants, the siblings are forced to reassess their futures. Starring Kara Wang, Osric Chau, Sara Canning, Antonio Cupo and Barbara Niven.
- The Invention of the Christmas Prince (November 18): Tamera Mowry-Housley and Ronnie Rowe Jr. team up for a film about a rocket engineer whose daughter is convinced her mother’s Scrooge-like boss is actually a Christmas Prince.
- Three Wise Men and a Baby (November 19): Paul Campbell, Tyler Hynes and Andrew Walker play brothers who are forced to work together to care for a baby over the holiday season.
- When I think of Christmas (November 20): Two old flames slowly reunite while planning a Christmas concert. Stars Shenae Grimes-Beech, Niall Matter and Beth Broderick.
- My Southern Family Christmas (November 24): Under the guise of a journalist, Campbell bonds with her birth father for the first time. Starring Jaicy Elliot, Bruce Campbell, Ryan Rottman, Moira Kelly and Brian McNamara.
- #Christmas (November 25): Jen poses as a family influencer to win a design competition with the help of her best friend and little nephew. With Clare Bowen and Brant Daugherty.
- A Royal Corgi Christmas (November 25): A prince turns to a dog trainer to help him tame the corgi he bought as a gift for his mother. Hunter King and Jordan Renzo are the stars.
- A Tale of Two Christmases (November 26): Christmas Magic allows Emma to experience two different Christmases, which helps her find what makes her truly happy in life. Starring Kat Barrell, Chandler Massey and Evan Roderick.
- Get Holly out (November 26): Lacey Chabert stars in this film about a woman who keeps house for her parents during the holidays. Things get complicated when she becomes involved in the HOA’s Christmas celebrations.
- A Christmas cookie disaster (November 27): A woman takes over the management of her grandmother’s small-town cookie company. But disaster strikes when someone steals her cookie recipe. Rachel Boston and Victor Webster are the stars.
- A holiday spectacle (November 27): An heiress gets a chance to become a Rockette and dance at the annual Christmas Spectacular at Radio City Music Hall.
Hallmark Christmas Movies premiere in December 2022
- A fat family Christmas (December 2): A photojournalist is hired to shoot the Chang’s annual Christmas party for a magazine cover. The only problem? They are her family and her colleague Henry is unaware of the connection. Starring Shannon Chan-Kent, Shannon Kook, Tia Carrere and Jack Wagner.
- A fabulous holiday (December 3): Best friends from childhood unexpectedly reunite in a strangely familiar town. Brooke D’Orsay and Ryan Paevey star.
- Undercover vacation (December 4): A newly minted pop star pretends her bodyguard is her boyfriend when she returns home for the holidays. Starring Noemi Gonzalez and Stephen Huszar.
- The most colorful time of the year (December 9): An optometrist helps bring color into the life of a color-blind elementary school teacher. Starring Katrina Bowden and Christopher Russell.
- Christmas class reunion (December 10): High school classmates reunite for a 15-year reunion for Christmas. Starring Aimee Teegarden and Tanner Novlan.
- The Holiday Sitter (December 11): A workaholic bachelor recruits a handsome neighbor to help out when he has to look after his niece and nephew over the holidays.
- vacation heritage (December 16): Ella returns home to mend fences with her broken family. With the help of her ex, she encourages her family to celebrate both Christmas and Kwanzaa. With Lyndie Greenwood, Brooks Darnell and Holly Robinson Peete.
- It was the night before Christmas (December 17): A former actress tries to direct an annual Christmas drama set in a city courtroom about the true authorship of the poem “A Visit from St. Nick.” Starring Torrey DeVitto and Zana Holtz.
- Hanukkah on the rye (December 18): Molly and Jacob’s budding romance is put on hold when they discover they are rival deli owners. But a Hanukkah miracle could keep them together. Starring Jeremy Jordan, Yael Grobglas and Lisa Loeb.
To learn more about the entertainment world and exclusive interviews, subscribe The Showbiz Cheat Sheet YouTube channel.
TIED TOGETHER: These Hallmark movies are based on books
https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/hallmark-channel-2022-countdown-to-christmas-schedule-revealed.html/ Hallmark Channel’s Countdown to the 2022 Holiday Program, revealed