Sniper Elite 5 is an upcoming tactical third-person shooter by Rebellion. The title is available now for PC and various current and last generation consoles including Xbox One, Xbox Series S|X, PS4 and PS5. The PC version runs great like the previous entries, but some players reported some technical issues. If you are encountering the Sniper Elite 5 crashing issue on startup, here are a few things you can try.
Fixed Sniper Elite 5 crash issue on launch
The title is available on multiple PC clients including Steam, the Xbox Game Pass application and the Epic Games Store. Some users have reported a crash on startup or during gameplay. Here are a few things we recommend to fix it. Most of these are due to things missing on the user’s side and are easy to install or update.
Check game files
The first thing you can do is make sure that all installed files are not corrupt or missing. To do this, you can check the game files through either of the two clients, be it Steam, Xbox App or Epic Games Store. We explain how you can do this for everyone. Game files usually get corrupted either during the download or installation phase.
- Open Steam and navigate to your library
- Right-click Sniper Elite 5 in your library and click Properties
- Now in LOCAL FILES tab, select Check integrity of local files…
A scan will start and examine the game files. If something is missing or corrupted, the files will be downloaded and installed.
Xbox app for PC
- start the Xbox apartment
- Bottom right FURNISHEDClick on that three points Next Sniper Elite 5
- Choose FILES tab, and then click CHECK AND REPAIR under options
Epic game store
- open yours library in the launcher
- Now click on the three points Next Sniper Elite 5
- Click on that To verify button
Manually update your GPU drivers
Updating your GPU drivers is always a good idea when a newer version is approaching, as new drivers can potentially improve performance and stability in a title. Below are the latest for your specific GPU.
Update DirectX and Visual C++ Redistributables
Make sure both DirectX and Visual C++ Redistributables are on the latest version. You can access these via the links below.
Add an exception to your antivirus
Your antivirus software may be interfering with the game and flagging it as a threat. To ensure
We’ve listed some popular ones and their respective FAQ pages.
Switch to a dedicated GPU (Laptop Users)
Make sure your dedicated GPU is used instead of the integrated ones.
Switching to the dedicated Nvidia GPU
- First open the Nvidia Control Panel
- Then navigate to 3D settings and then Manage 3D settings
- Open the tab program settings and choose Sniper Elite 5 from the drop down menu
- Next, Select the preferred graphics processor for this program from the second drop-down list.
- Your Nvidia GPU should show up as High performance Nvidia processor
- Save the changes
Switch to the dedicated AMD GPU
- Open first Radeon Settings
- Then navigate to settings followed by Additional settings
- Select here perfomance and then Switchable graphics application settings
- Choose Sniper Elite 5 from the application list
- if Sniper Elite 5 is not in the list, click Add application button and select the executable file from the installation directory. This will add the game to the list and you can then select it.
- In the column graphics settingsassign the high performance profile for the game.
We hope this guide helped to fix the Sniper Elite 5 crashing on startup issue. Let us know if you have any questions in the comments below.
https://whatifgaming.com/how-to-fix-the-sniper-elite-5-crash-at-launch-issue-on-pc/ How to fix Sniper Elite 5 crashing on startup issue on PC