King Charles III makes statement after Queen Elizabeth’s death
- King Charles III, formerly known as Prince Charles, issued a statement following the death of Queen Elizabeth II on September 8, 2022.
- He described her death as a “moment of greatest sadness” for the British royal family.
- Queen Elizabeth II died at Balmoral in Scotland after doctors worried. She was 96.
King Charles III, formerly Prince Charles, has issued a statement following the death of Queen Elizabeth II. Read his statement ahead of time about it being a “moment of greatest sadness.”
King Charles remembers his “beloved mother” in a statement.
Shortly after Buckingham Palace announced Queen Elizabeth’s death, her son – and next in line to the throne – issued a statement.
“The death of my beloved mother, Her Majesty The Queen, is a moment of greatest sadness for me and all members of my family,” Charles said in a statement via Twitter.
“We deeply mourn the passing of a cherished sovereign and a beloved mother. I know their loss will be deeply felt across the country, in the rich and in the Commonwealth, and by countless people around the world,” he continued.
“During this time of grief and change, my family and I are comforted and strengthened by our knowledge of the respect and deep affection that the Queen was so widespread,” he added.
Buckingham Palace announced the death of Queen Elizabeth on September 8th
Buckingham Palace announced the Queen’s death with a statement on September 8, 2022.
“The Queen died peacefully in Balmoral this afternoon. The King and The Queen Consort will remain in Balmoral tonight and return to London tomorrow.”
She was 96 years old and had reigned for 70 years. Doctors had previously placed Queen Elizabeth under medical supervision at her Scottish estate, Balmoral.
“Following further examinations this morning, the Queen’s doctors are concerned about Her Majesty’s health and have recommended that she remain under medical supervision,” a Buckingham Palace spokesman said in a statement reported by CNBC. “The Queen stays comfortable and on Balmoral.”
Queen Elizabeth’s death came after ongoing mobility problems. In June 2022, she attended celebrations marking her historic 70-year reign. Many British royals joined her. However, due to the Queen’s mobility issues, she only attended a few weekend Platinum Jubilee events in person.
She stood on the balcony of Buckingham Palace to open the celebrations alongside “working” royals. She later made an unexpected appearance on the balcony to wrap up the weekend’s celebrations. There were Prince William and Kate Middleton and their three children. So does the current King Charles and Queen Consort (Camilla Parker Bowles).
Queen Elizabeth’s funeral is imminent
The funeral of Britain’s longest reigning monarch is imminent. According to ABC News, her funeral will be held 10 days after her death, following a national period of mourning.
The funeral itself is expected to take place in Westminster Abbey. If the Queen’s funeral does indeed take place at the London landmark, she will be the first sovereign to have a funeral there since 1760.
RELATED: Prince Harry rushes to side with Queen Elizabeth after health emergency, palace spokesman says
https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/king-charles-iii-issues-statement-following-queen-elizabeths-death.html/ King Charles III makes statement after Queen Elizabeth’s death