“I understand there is nothing I can do at this point to move anything forward,” the director said.
Wonder Woman director Patty Jenkins made it clear Tuesday that Wonder Woman 3 would not be making headway at Warner Bros. and the new DC Studios, pushing back on “Clickbait” that she has ended the project or stepped back from it , to do it.
“When there was backlash about World War III not happening, the attractive clickbait false story that it was me who killed it or walked away began to spread,” Jenkins wrote in a expression on twitter. “That’s just not true. I never went away I was open to whatever was asked of me. It was my understanding that there was nothing I could do to move anything forward at this point.
Jenkins’ latest draft of Wonder Woman 3, which she co-wrote with Geoff Johns, was recently scrapped and branded as the wrong direction for the studio. New plans for the DC Universe are still in the making, led by James Gunn and Peter Safran, who will reportedly soon be meeting with Warner Bros. Discovery CEO David Zaslav to discuss their vision for the sprawling superhero IP. A source familiar with the matter told IndieWire that Jenkins had no intention of changing the draft of the script, instead leaving it in the studio.
“DC is obviously buried in changes that they need to make, so I understand these decisions are difficult right now,” Jenkins continued. “I don’t want to end up on a nice trip with WW [a] negative comment.”
in the another social media post, Jenkins provided an update on the Star Wars film Rogue Squadron, which was previously announced in December 2020 and dated for a Christmas 2023 release. Jenkins said that she left the film after realizing it wouldn’t be in time for her to finish Wonder Woman 3, but that she would come back to it after completing the now-stalled sequel. Jenkins added that she has a new deal with Lucasfilm and “has been in active development since then.”
“I don’t know if it’s going to happen or not. We never do this until the development process is complete, but I look forward to its future potential,” Jenkins wrote.
After the initial news broke about Wonder Woman 3, Gunn said in his own statement: “Regarding the story in yesterday’s Hollywood Reporter, some is true, some is half-true, some is not, & some of it we haven’t decided yet whether it is true or not.”
“Peter and I decided to run DC Studios because we knew we were going to be in a turbulent environment, both in terms of the stories being told and the audience themselves, and that there would be an inevitable period of transition would, if we moved to that, be a cohesive story across film, television, animation and games,” Gunn continued. “We know we’re not going to make every single person happy every step of the way, but we can promise that everything we do will be in the service of the STORY and in the service of the DC CHARACTERS that we know we will.” You cherish her and we have cherished all our lives.”
Following the hiring of Gunn and Safran in October, the DC Universe remains on the move as Warner Bros. prepares for the release of Shazam! Fury of the Gods, The Flash, Blue Beetle and Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom are said to be the last films made under the studio’s previous reign. And while nothing’s set in stone just yet, the news of Wonder Woman 3 casts additional doubts as to whether Gal Gadot — or other Snyderverse-era stars like Henry Cavill’s Superman — would return.
See Jenkins’ full explanation below:
— Patty Jenkins (@PattyJenks) December 14, 2022
https://www.indiewire.com/2022/12/patty-jenkins-wonder-woman-3-statement-1234792134/ Patty Jenkins says “I Never Walk Away” from “Wonder Woman 3”