Powerball winning numbers for February 6, 2023
The game’s low odds are designed to land big prizes that attract more players.
WASHINGTON — One lucky winner will take home the ninth-largest jackpot in U.S. history after scooping an estimated $747 million Powerball jackpot Monday night.
This is the first Powerball winner since November 19, 2022. The jackpot has skyrocketed with each of the game’s three weekly draws.
The grand prize winner bought the ticket in Washington state. There were also million dollar winners in Michigan and New York and a $2 million winner in Texas.
The stunning prize follows a $1.35 billion Mega Millions prize won by someone in Maine in January and a record $2.04 billion Powerball jackpot was won by a Californian player last November.
The $747 million jackpot is for a winner who chooses an annuity paid over 29 years. Higher interest rates allowed these pension payments compared to previous jackpots when rates were lower.
Most winners prefer cash, which is estimated at $403.1 million for Monday night’s drawing.
The next draw resets to a $20 million jackpot.
Powerball winning numbers for 2/6/23
The winning numbers for Monday February 6th are 5-11-22-23-69, Powerball 7, with a Power Play multiplier of 2.
What are my odds of winning the Powerball?
The odds of winning the Powerball jackpot are 1 in 292.2 million.
In recent years, huge lottery jackpots have become increasingly common as lottery officials have changed the rules and ticket prices to increase the top prizes.
Powerball’s biggest change came in 2021 when officials decided to add a Monday draw to their weekly lineup of Wednesday and Saturday night draws. At the time of the announcement, Powerball announced that the addition of Monday’s drawing would result in “bigger, faster-growing jackpots.”
Powerball is played in 45 states, as well as in Washington, DC, Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands.
What are the Biggest US Lottery Jackpots Ever Won?
- $2.04 billion, Powerball, November 8, 2022 (one ticket from California)
- $1.586 billion, Powerball, January 13, 2016 (three tickets, from California, Florida, Tennessee)
- $1.537 billion, Mega Millions, October 23, 2018 (one ticket from South Carolina)
- $1.35 billion Mega Millions, January 13, 2023 (one ticket, from Maine)
- $1.337 billion, Mega Millions, July 29, 2022 (one ticket, from Illinois)
- $1.05 billion, Mega Millions, January 22, 2021 (one ticket from Michigan)
- $768.4 million, Powerball, March 27, 2019 (one ticket from Wisconsin)
- $758.7 million, Powerball, August 23, 2017 (one ticket from Massachusetts)
- $731.1 million, Powerball, January 20, 2021 (one ticket from Maryland)
- $699.8 million, Powerball, October 4, 2021 (one ticket from California)
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
https://www.kvue.com/article/news/lottery/powerball-winning-numbers-2-6-23/507-8c71342b-09d0-4d97-a85c-2f9ca5ac2638 Powerball winning numbers for February 6, 2023