Roslindale man linked by DNA to two unsolved rapes

crime

“Regardless of how long it has been since an attack, we will continue to work on behalf of the survivors to bring justice on their behalf.”

A Roslindale man has been charged with sexual assault after DNA evidence linked him to two long-unsolved rapes, Suffolk District Attorney Kevin Hayden said in a statement on Friday.

Irving Pierre, 40, was charged Friday in connection with a 2013 rape. Bail was set at $25,000 and he was ordered to stay away from and have no contact with the victim and surrender his passport.

Pierre is also expected to be charged Monday in connection with a 2007 rape of a victim who was 16 at the time of the attack.

According to prosecutors, on August 31, 2013, Pierre was at the Arnold Arboretum when he encountered and allegedly assaulted the victim. He allegedly punched her repeatedly in the face and head before raping her, prosecutors told the court.

While being treated at the hospital, the victim was under investigation for sexual assault, officials said. Biological evidence collected at the time was entered into the FBI’s Combined DNA Index System (CODIS).

In 2007, the 16-year-old woke up at a location on Morton Street to find her shirt had been removed without her knowledge or permission, according to testimony.

Officials say an investigation into the sexual assault found biological evidence and entered the unknown attacker’s DNA sample into CODIS.

In January, the database said it found a match between the DNA samples in the two cases. The match proved the same person committed both attacks, but the identity perpetrator was unknown.

Boston police renewed their investigation and identified Pierre as a suspect, according to a statement. Detectives were able to collect his DNA from a liquor bottle he discarded and it was shown that Pierre was up to the attacks, according to Hayden.

“Regardless of how long ago an attack occurred, we will continue to work on behalf of survivors to bring justice on their behalf,” Hayden said. “The victims of these assaults have waited years for answers, and today we have them as a result of the outstanding work of our partners at the Boston Police Department’s Sexual Assault Division.”

The victims of the attacks were informed of the results.

“I cannot stress enough how brave the survivors of these attacks are. It is human nature to want to move on from such past trauma, and we are grateful for their role in helping us hold their attackers to account. My office is available to all sexual assault survivors in Suffolk County to ensure survivors have the resources and support they need,” Hayden said.

In Suffolk County, the Boston Area Rape Crisis Center offers a toll-free and confidential 24-hour helpline at 800-841-8371. The Boston Area Rape Crisis Center provides medical assistance and many other free services to victims of rape and sexual assault. Suffolk Victim Witness Solicitors can assist with referrals to BARCC and a wide range of community service providers who can offer additional support and services.

https://www.boston.com/news/crime/2022/05/14/da-roslindale-man-linked-to-two-unsolved-rapes-through-dna/ Roslindale man linked by DNA to two unsolved rapes

Rick Schindler

World Time Todays is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@worldtimetodays.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button