There are only 10 couples left in season 32 Dancing with the starsand the remaining duos are slowly heating up – will there be the first perfect score of the season in episode 5?
After the first Disney 100 night, which was just too much fun, the couples are now about to take a trip down memory lane and reminisce about their “most memorable year” (for better or for worse). Dancing to a smash hit from what the celebs are calling their “most memorable year,” viewers will get to know this season’s contestants on a much deeper level after this extremely special episode, and we truly can’t contain our excitement.
Actually, Dancing with the stars has already taken to Instagram to share some of the remaining contestants’ Most Memorable Years, as well as some adorable photos from the rehearsal.
“2021: the year I traded in a childhood dream for the opportunity of a lifetime,” Xochitl Gomez shared, likely referring to the year she secured her breakthrough moment Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness.
On the other hand, Ariana Madix from Vanderpump Rules shared, “2023: the year I thought I lost everything, but I really gained everything,” likely in reference to “Scandoval,” the public breakup she had with her longtime boyfriend Tom Sandoval after an affair came to light.
In addition, Barry Williams from The Brady Bunch will celebrate 1968, Alyson Hannigan of How I Met your mother celebrates 2003, Grammy Award-winning artist Jason Mraz celebrates 1999 and more – it’s sure to be a night to remember!
To top it all off, the professional dance partners recognize the “Most Memorable Year” of the year Dancing with the stars History and is a tribute to former head judge Len Goodman, who passed away in April 2023. In a huge group, judge Derek Hough and presenter Julianne Hough will join forces with current professional dancers for a very special performance, choreographed by husband and wife duo Val Chmerkovskiy and Jenna Johnson, but that’s not all…
Professional dancers from past seasons will also return to the ballroom to be honored, including Kym Johnson, Anna Trebunskaya, Karina Smirnoff, Edyta Sliwinska, Tony Dovolani, Louis van Amstel, Maks Chmerkovskiy and Mark Ballas – how sweet is that?
Since the group number is set to “Moon River” by Henry Mancini, keep scrolling to see what the 10 remaining couples will be dancing to for their “Most Memorable Year” routine.
What songs will the remaining couples dance to on the Most Memorable Year night?
The “most memorable year” continues with the years from 1968 to 2023 Dancing with the stars will feature a wide range of songs including top hits from Ed Sheeran, Billie Eilish, Selena Gomez and more.
- Alyson Hannigan and Sasha Farber: “Perfect” by Ed Sheeran
- Mira Sorvino and Gleb Savchenko: “Time After Time” by Cyndi Lauper
- Xochitl Gomez and Val Chmerkovskiy: “Until I Found You” by Stephen Sanchez
- Ariana Madix and Pasha Pashkov: “Happier Than Ever” by Billie Eilish
- Lele Pons and Brandon Armstrong: “I’ll Stand By You” by Pretenders
- Charity Lawson and Artem Chigvintsev: “Lose You to Love Me” by Selena Gomez
- Jason Mraz and Daniella Karagach: “On the Road Again” by Willie Nelson
- Harry Jowsey and Rylee Arnold: “Keep Your Head Up” by Andy Grammer
- Barry Williams and Peta Murgatroyd: “Born to Be Wild” by Steppenwolf
- Mauricio Umansky and Emma Slater: “Rise Up” by Andra Day
What dance styles will the remaining couples participate in at the Most Memorable Year evening?
Given the narrative nature of the “Most Memorable Year” evening, the couples will primarily perform contemporary pieces, but the evening will also consist of some Viennese waltz pieces, a quickstep and a paso double.
- Alyson Hannigan and Sasha Farber: Viennese Waltz
- Mira Sorvino and Gleb Savchenko: Contemporary
- Xochitl Gomez and Val Chmerkovskiy: Viennese Waltz
- Ariana Madix and Pasha Pashkov: Viennese Waltz
- Lele Pons and Brandon Armstrong: Contemporary
- Charity Lawson and Artem Chigvintsev: Contemporary
- Jason Mraz and Daniella Karagach: Quickstep
- Harry Jowsey and Rylee Arnold: Contemporary
- Barry Williams and Peta Murgatroyd: Paso Double
- Mauricio Umansky and Emma Slater: Contemporary
Mark your calendars because Most Memorable Year Evening airs Tuesday, October 24th from 8:00-10:00 PM (ET/PT) on both ABC and Disney Plus and the next day streamed on Hulu.