With the SAG-AFTRA strike over and Hallmark’s highly anticipated slate of 42 original holiday films already underway, the network celebrated with a glamorous Hollywood holiday party on November 15, 2023.
Hallmark’s biggest stars, from Andrew Walker to Lacey Chabert, dressed up to walk the red-and-white striped “candy cane carpet” at The Grove in Los Angeles, interact and speak to the media. Hallmark served guests sweet treats and specialty drinks like mulled wine, “dirty” eggnog with bourbon and nutmeg, and Bye Bye Red Nose — a combination of hot chocolate, whiskey and cinnamon cream.
“Hallmark, you know how to make every moment special,” actress Nikki DeLoach wrote in an Instagram post after the party. “And no one celebrates Christmas like you do. What a thrill it was to come together and start the holiday season.”
Here’s what you need to know:
Stars exude glamor at Hallmark’s Hollywood Christmas party
The stars of Hallmark’s 2023 Christmas movies hit the candy cane carpet in chic outfits, just days after some of them partied together in Nashville at the Dance Party to End ALZ.
Cindy Busby, who paid homage to Britney Spears at the fundraiser, arrived at the Hallmark holiday in a shimmering silver pencil skirt and a black feathered short-sleeve top. Hair and makeup were done by her, Diana Campos shared on Instagram. Busby, who stars in the new Christmas film Everything Christmas, wrote it was a “magical night”.
Other actresses who shined on the striped carpet included:
- Jessy Schram, who appeared in “Mystic Christmas” in October, wore an emerald dress and ruby heels.
- “A Not So Royal Christmas” star Brooke D’Orsay in a sleeveless white sweater with a red belt buckle and matching pumps.
- Actress and director Crystal Lowe in a plum sleeveless dress and silver strappy heels.
- Melissa Peterman, who returns to Hallmark for Haul Out the Holly: Lit Up, wears a black sequin minidress and jacket with matching ankle boots.
- Actress and director Ashley Williams in a sheer black top and gold pleated floor-length skirt.
- Lacey Chabert, who stars in two films this season, wore a deep teal sleeveless velvet dress with gold ankle-strap heeled sandals.
- Ali Liebert, who stars in the Dec. 17 premiere of “Friends & Family Christmas,” wore a green and red floral party dress paired with a silver clutch.
- Erin Cahill, who will appear at the premiere of “Christmas on Cherry Lane” on December 9, wore a multi-colored sequined dress from Clothe the populationaccording to her Instagram Stories, and earrings from Emily and Lucy jewelry.
In an Instagram post about the party: Peterman wrote, “Thank you @hallmarkchannel for including me in the Countdown To Christmas party! I saw old friends, made new ones and swapped my sweatpants for sequins!”
Peterman too posted a funny video of her strutting around her living room in her party outfit and noticing that despite her complete glamour, her husband and dog were barely paying attention to her and that there was a “dirty sock” on the ottoman.
Attendees also included several “Hunks of Hallmark” who made their own fashion statements. Walker’s wife Cassandra Troy shared on her Instagram Stories that he was wearing an olive thanks to stylist Melanie Bauer Bonobos Suit paired with matching boots from Thursday Boot Company.
Others who walked the candy cane carpet included:
- Famous “Star Trek” actor Jonathan Frakes, who appears in this week’s “A Biltmore Christmas,” is dressed head to toe in black, including a
- Lucas Bryant, who just appeared in “A World Record Christmas,” wore a gray blazer over a gray crew-neck shirt, accented by a maroon scarf around his neck.
- Luke Macfarlane, who stars in this week’s Catch Me If You Claus, wore a lightweight olive polo sweater with navy jeans and brown dress shoes.
- John Brotherton of “Christmas on Cherry Lane,” premiering Dec. 9, dressed in a black turtleneck, black tapered dress pants and black square-toe boots.
- Jonathan Bennett, who also stars in “Christmas on Cherry Lane,” wore a purple suit coat and vest with black pants and a pink pocket square in his breast pocket.
- Scott Wolf, who starred in this year’s “A Merry Scottish Christmas,” wore what appeared to be the same plum-colored peacoat he wore in the film, teamed with a button-down shirt, dark blue pants and tan dress shoes.
Hallmark celebrities happily reunited with hugs at holiday event
The genuine friendships and mutual admiration between many of Hallmark’s biggest stars were clearly on display at the Countdown to Christmas event, as many stars hugged, laughed and took selfies together.
When Bennett saw the photo of Walker beaming at him as they met, he shared it on his Instagram Stories and joked, “I always love meeting my superfans at these events.”
Walker, meanwhile, shared photos from the event in a Nov. 20 Instagram post, expressing how grateful he was to be part of the network.
“It’s an honor to work with so many incredible people at Hallmark,” he wrote. “From my fellow actors in front of the screen to all the passionate and talented people behind the screen, together they make this network the absolute best.”
Walker continued, “We make films that are heartfelt and joyful, and there’s nothing special about knowing that everyone involved truly embodies the content created.”
Walker and several other stars thanked the current leadership team, including Hallmark CEO Mike Perry. Perry stepped in to steer the ship after Hallmark Media CEO Wonya Lucas announced in August that she was leaving the network after three years. Perry and Lisa Hamilton Daly, Executive Vice President of Programming, both spoke at the event and recognized the quality of their talent and films.
Hallmark stars sent love and support to Children’s Hospital Los Angeles
In addition to celebrating the holidays, the Hallmark stars who attended the party wrote letters of encouragement to patients and staff at Children’s Hospital Los Angeles (CHLA). This organization is particularly close to DeLoach’s heart, whose youngest son has been treated there since birth for a heart defect. Actually, she acts as a chair of the Board of Trustees of the CHLA Foundation.
In her Instagram post about the event, DeLoach thanked Hallmark’s leadership team and wrote, “I’m moved to tears by your thoughtfulness and generosity to @childrensla.” Last year, nearly a million children were treated at Children’s Hospital of Los Angeles. And they won’t turn away any child, regardless of their financial circumstances and insurance.”
DeLoach continued, “Having two of the most important places in my life, @hallmarkchannel and @childrensla, joining forces to continue doing God’s work in the world brings me more joy than you can imagine.” Thank you!! “
Liv Lane is an entertainment writer who covers Hallmark Channel, HGTV, American Idol and The Voice for Heavy. She has three decades of experience as a local and national radio host, brand publicist and creative consultant, interviewing and working with a wide range of dignitaries and celebrities, from Deepak Chopra to Lil Nas X. Liv is also an accomplished watercolor artist whose intuitive art is practiced throughout the USA and Canada sold. Liv attended the University of Minnesota and lives in Minneapolis. More about Liv Lane
Learn more about Hallmark News
More stories are loading