The 101 Freeway reopens early after the Encino bridge was demolished overnight

ENCINO, Calif. (CNS)– A section of the 101 Freeway reopened early after an overnight closure in both directions due to the demolition of a footbridge in Encino, Caltrans said.

The demolition was completed ahead of schedule and the freeway reopened at 6:30 a.m. Sunday, Caltrans officials said. The lockdown began at 10pm on Saturday and was due to end at 10am on Sunday.

The closure stretched from White Oak Avenue to Balboa Boulevard and also included half a dozen driveways in the area.

Caltrans workers removed the freeway pedestrian bridge at Encino Avenue to eliminate the obsolete vertical headroom.

The bridge will not be replaced.

“Caltrans is currently working on plans to upgrade nearby intersections along the corridor, including Louise Avenue, to ensure pedestrians and cyclists have better and safer access via US 101,” Caltrans spokeswoman Allison Colburn said in a media statement last week . “We will continue to work with the Encino community to determine next steps.”

Local residents successfully lobbied for government funds to be allocated to replace the bridge, which was instead used for other road improvements near the highway.

Copyright 2022, City News Service, Inc.

Copyright © 2022 City News Service, Inc. All rights reserved.

https://abc7.com/101-freeway-encino-open-bridge/12288068/ The 101 Freeway reopens early after the Encino bridge was demolished overnight

Laura Coffey

World Time Todays is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@worldtimetodays.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button