There are now Golden Globes categories for supporting actor and actress in ongoing series and for limited series/anthology or made-for-television.
The Golden Globes show returns next year with some newly created awards to hand out.
On Wednesday, the Hollywood Foreign Press Association announced several changes, including splitting up an acting category on television. Among the many new supporting actor categories immediately qualifying for the 80th Golden Globe Awards are:
- Outstanding Supporting Actor in a TV Series/Musical Comedy or Drama
- Best Supporting Actress in a TV Series/Musical Comedy or Drama
- Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Limited Series/Anthology or TV Movie
- Best Supporting Actress in a Limited Series/Anthology or TV Movie
The HFPA Board has also approved the continuation for this year of rules introduced last year, e.g. B. that there will continue to be no mandatory screenings of films and the submission of films and television programs for eligibility will remain voluntary. The organization continues to encourage studios to confirm an official showing on the HFPA calendar and submit their eligible content for review, but both actions are optional for Golden Globe this year.
For the avoidance of doubt, any film or television project is automatically eligible as long as it was released in calendar year 2022 (or during the longer eligibility window applicable to non-English language feature films). All eligible films and television programs are included in the Memories List, which is overseen by a select panel who have compiled a breakdown of all products released during the year and a mapping of relevant categories. Studios, networks and streamers also have the opportunity to submit their suggestions for specific categories.
Finally, the HFPA expanded the schedule for presenting the 80th Annual Golden Globe Awards. Check out the results below:
- Friday, September 30, 2022: The submission website for the 2023 Golden Globe Motion Picture and Television submissions is now open
- Monday, November 7, 2022: Deadline for submission forms for Golden Globe Motion Picture and Television
- Monday, November 21, 2022: Deadline for mailing nominating televised ballots to all voters
- Monday, November 28, 2022: Deadline to receive Ernst & Young television nomination ballots at 5:00 p.m. PT
- Tuesday, November 29, 2022: Deadline for mailing ballots for nominating films to all voters
- Tuesday, December 6, 2022: Deadline for theatrical screenings and deadline for theatrical press conferences
- Wednesday, December 7, 2022: Deadline to receive ballots for nominating films at Ernst & Young at 5:00 p.m. PT
- Monday, December 12, 2022: Announcement of nominations for the 80th Annual Golden Globe Awards at 5:00 p.m. PT
- Friday, December 16, 2022: Mailing of final ballots to all voters
- Tuesday, January 3, 2023: Deadline for receipt of final ballots by Ernst & Young at 5:00 p.m. PT
- Tuesday, January 10, 2023: 80th Annual Golden Globe Awards Ceremony at 5pm PT/8pm ET
The 80th Annual Golden Globes is produced by Dick Clark Productions and Jesse Collins Entertainment and will be broadcast live on NBC and Peacock from the Beverly Hilton Hotel.
https://www.indiewire.com/2022/09/golden-globes-new-categories-tv-1234767708/ The Golden Globes announce the expansion of their TV Awards categories