A new Lies of P update is available on PlayStation and Steam and includes several changes to bosses, standard enemies, items, and more designed to make the game easier overall. The update isn’t available on Xbox platforms yet, but publisher Neowiz says that Xbox versions of the update have been “submitted to Microsoft for testing and will be updated when ready.”
Lies of P was released earlier this month on PlayStation, Xbox and PC. It’s one of our favorite games of the year – read why here Game Informer’s Lies of P review here – but it’s a hard soul song that kicked our asses more than once. However, today’s update 18.104.22.168 should make the game easier overall. So if you took a break from saving Krat with Pinocchio, now might be a good time to get back in.
The following has changed in Lies of P in Update 22.214.171.124:
- The HP of certain field monsters has been reduced
- The chance of breaking the stance of some monsters and the frequency of staggering have been increased
- The stagger window time of field monsters has been increased
- Reduce the HP of all three types of Dimensional Butterflies
The rewards of some monsters have been adjusted
- The drop rate of Moonstone items has been increased
- The drop rate of Star Fragments has been reduced
- The drop rate of Ergo items has been increased
- The ergo rewards of certain monsters that appear after Lorenzini Arcade have been increased.
Changes to boss-monster balance
- Fallen Archbishop Andreus’s HP has been reduced.
- King of Puppets’ HP has been reduced in the first phase
- Simon Manus, Arm of God’s HP has been reduced.
- Simon Manus, Awakened God’s damage has been reduced.
- The chance of breaking the stance of “Simon Manus, the Awakened God” has been increased.
- The Spectre’s HP and damage have been increased
System changes related to character development reset
- The function of resetting character level, P-Organ and Legion weapons on the “Gold Coin Tree” has been added.
- Characters created after this patch will now receive 8 Gold Coin Fruits for their first harvest instead of 5
- Adjusted the amount of gold coins required to reset character level, P-Organ, and Legion weapons
- Players can now carry more weight for each point spent on capacity
- The weight of amulets that could be purchased from Boss Ergo has been reduced
- Players can now land attacks better when using mythical arts that take up three or more slots. (including stackable mythical arts)
- Successfully executing the mythical art “Guard Parade” now breaks the monster’s posture
Lies of P’s Update 126.96.36.199 also includes some bug fixes:
- Fixed a bug that caused the Legion weapon Pandemonium II – Acid Charge to rarely malfunction.
- Fixed a bug that caused the Legion weapon Pandemonium to only consume Legion Strength when using Grindstones
- Fixed a bug that caused Geppetto’s face to flicker in the cutscene after defeating the Nameless Puppet with the graphics quality presets set to Low
- A typo by Carlo Collodi in the credits has been fixed. (We sincerely apologize to Mr. Collodi and that was not a lie!)
For more information, see Game Informer’s Lies of P review and then check out these 20 Soulslike tips, tricks and secrets to help Pinocchio survive Krat. Then check out this podcast about why Lies of P is more than a Bloodborne clone, and then watch an hour of Lies of P gameplay in the middle of the game.
Have you played Lies of P? Let us know what you think of the difficulty in the comments below!