As promised, Blizzard has revealed the full details of Patch 1.2.1 for Diablo 4. This is the second major patch following the release of the highly acclaimed Season of Blood.
After revealing the highlights of the patch earlier this month, players were already looking forward to it, and with good reason.
Manage cookie settings
The two biggest new additions in 1.2.1 are the ability to reset the entire Paragon board and a training dummy. Paragon Board Reset allows you to refund the entire amount in one click instead of having to perform each operation individually.
You can find the training dummy in Kyovashad in an underground room. The training room itself offers a few options for interacting with the dummy, including spawning multiple of them and setting the difficulty level to match that of normal, elite, or boss monsters. To make it easier to access your best gear, you’ll find a hideout right in the same room.
Blizzard also makes the Whispers grind more efficient and slightly more rewarding. Completing Whispers now earns more gold. The search area for the Whispers, which require finding and killing a specific monster, has also been reduced.
Those currently enjoying their time with the new Season of Blood content will be happy to know that Blood Wells will feature more powerful blood and that Vampire Powers are now a little less cryptic (which is also for… whose revaluation applies).
The rest of the patch notes cover various bug fixes for Season of Blood, as well as other issues elsewhere in the game. Read them all below:
Bug fixes in patch 1.2.1
- Fixed an issue where the scriptwriter would not read the entire title of Hunter’s Acclaim.
Dungeons and events
- Fixed an issue where progress in the Halls of the Damned dungeon could be reset if the area was left during the Journey to the Tomb objective.
- Fixed an issue with the Whispering Pines dungeon where doors could randomly appear in areas where they shouldn’t be. (What’s behind door number 3? HELL!)
- Fixed an issue where the Waves of Darkness event would sometimes not reward dark favors.
- Fixed an issue where shrine buffs were not applied when activated while riding.
- Fixed an issue where Varshan could stop the attack if his path to the center of the arena was blocked.
- Fixed an issue where Audacity would only apply her overheal barrier at full health, instead of including excess healing when a healing source would take the player past full health.
- Fixed an issue where monsters spawned from Hell Portals in a Nightmare Dungeon would not properly adjust their health based on the number of party members.
- Fixed an issue where Aridah could remain inactive indefinitely if staggered within a certain window.
- Fixed an issue where the Wizard’s Ice Shard skill could miss short targets when cast from a higher area.
- Fixed an issue where the player could avoid area of effect (AOE) damage while fighting the Beast in the Ice by standing in a certain area of the arena.
- Fixed an issue where Aspect of Artful Initiative was not triggering the damage reduction from Glyph of Explosive.
- Fixed an issue where Aspect of Artful Initiative was not scaling properly with item power.
- Fixed an issue where players were unable to revive their party members while under the effects of Chill.
- Fixed an issue where progress during the Blind Eye quest could be blocked when breaching destructible terrain from a distance during the Find a Way Out step.
- Fixed an issue where scorpions would not spawn during The Last Straw quest if the quest was canceled and restarted.
- Fixed an issue where some NPCs in Jirandai would disappear when Helltide was active in the area, blocking the ability to turn in certain quests that NPCs in the city were associated with.
- Fixed an issue where Theya could repeatedly respawn without dropping the item for the quest “View Into Madness,” which could block progression.
- Fixed an issue where Druid players could have their class quest progress blocked if they attempted the Investigate Fainne step while other players were killing monsters in the same area.
Season of Blood
- Fixed an issue where Blood Bait Containers could be activated in local co-op play without receiving rewards.
- Fixed an issue where the Sanguine Pillar health gauge was not displaying correctly in the Sanguine Battery event in Nightmare Dungeons, making it very easy for enemies to destroy it.
- Fixed an issue where Vampiric Curse could be applied to non-hostile objects.
- Fixed an issue where Seeker caches could drop more than once when a player switched between different groups.
- Fixed an issue where the Blood Seal menu could not be navigated correctly using the D-pad on controllers when examining equipped Blood Seals.
- Fixed an issue where dodging and non-damaging skills could trigger Hemomancy.
- Fixed an issue where switching between keyboard and controller while updating Vampire Powers would consume heavy blood without the update being applied.
- Fixed an issue where removing a pact in the Vampire Powers tab would cause equipment tooltips to malfunction.
- Fixed an issue where the tooltip indicated that the durability of a damaged item would be restored after a pact was removed from it.
- Fixed an issue where the player could get stuck behind a Seeker cache in Hawezar during the Blood Harvest event.
- Fixed an issue where the Beast’s Crevasse attack could deal damage through walls and outside the boss area while in the ice.
- Fixed an issue where progress on the “Summoning the Immortals” quest could be blocked if not all players in the party were alive at the start of the “Speak to Erys” step.
- Fixed an issue where the Magistrate’s Message might not be accessible during the Blood Money quest if another player in the party did not have the quest active.
- Fixed an issue where Flickerstep’s affix would occasionally not activate when using Metamorphosis.
- Fixed an issue where the description of the Vampire Power Domination described the effects of Cold when it should have described the effects of Frozen.
- Fixed an issue where Blood Bishop’s Meat Sacks would not properly damage players.
- Fixed an issue where stored souls could be spent by the caster’s defensive autocast skills such as Ice Armor and Frost Nova.
- Fixed an issue where using the Metamorphosis Blood Seal with the Oculus equipped would cause teleport evasion charges to not refresh properly.
- Fixed an issue where exiting the Blood Seal upgrade screen too quickly could result in the Blood Seal not being able to be upgraded again until the game was restarted.
- Fixed an issue where the Scroll of Amnesia would not go to the Lost Lair if it was left on the ground and the player left the area.
- Fixed an issue where the Bag of Vampiric Torques would drop rings instead of amulets.
User interface and UX
- Fixed an issue where several cities were missing a hiding icon in the waypoint tooltip on the map.
- Fixed an issue where the achievement progress percentage was not consistent across all displayed locations.
- Fixed an issue where inventory sorting did not work correctly when interacting with merchants or crafters.
- Fixed an issue where killing a monster with Metamorphosis would not reward a soul stack.
- Fixed an issue where the new item indicator on the Quest tab would continue to appear after the item was used or turned in.
- Fixed an issue where the armor damage reduction tooltip could be inaccurate at higher armor levels.
- Fixed an issue where Social Wheel actions (emotes, trading, etc.) did not work properly in the immunity bubble at the end of a Nightmare dungeon.
- Fixed an issue where the Social Wheel Customization tab would not work properly when multiple players tried to use it at the same time in local co-op mode.
- Fixed an issue where the tooltips for Aspect of Untimely Death and Berserking were showing their bonuses as additive instead of multiplicative.
- Fixed an issue where an incorrect image was displayed in the completion popup for the “Missing Pieces” quest.
- Fixed an issue in the Codex of Power menu where the seasonal realm filter could be active in Eternal Realm games.
- Fixed an issue where the Aspect of Raw Might tooltip was not displaying the multiplicative damage indicator.
- Fixed an issue where the tooltip for Aspect of Elements did not include an indicator for the damage type and was incorrectly granting an additive bonus instead of a multiplicative one.
- Fixed an issue where Empowered Fireball’s tooltip indicated that its utility was dependent on distance traveled.
- Fixed an issue where the incorrect experience bonus percentage was displayed in the Campfire buff description (Note: the experience bonus players received was already working correctly).
- Fixed an issue where using a Chaos Scroll while exiting the Fields of Hate could cause the camera to become disconnected from the player.
- Fixed an issue where the Reins of the Bloody Liquid Steed mount cosmetic was not rewarded for defeating Echo of Lilith.
- Fixed an issue where Cinders would not reset after a Helltide ended.
- Fixed an issue where the Tormented Gift of Living Steel’s Ash cost was 280 instead of the displayed 300. It now costs 300 Ash.
- Fixed an issue where riding a mount without armor would result in the player character wearing invisible reins.
- Fixed an issue where the dagger option was not available at the Wizard Curiosity Merchant.
- Fixed an issue where Uber Unique items were not always dropping at their maximum throw value.
- Various performance, stability and visual improvements.