THE remaining nine bakers are preparing to enter the famous Great British Bake Off tent once again.
Every week the jury presents the amateur bakers with three challenges that involve a specific baking topic.
What is the topic of “The Great British Bake Off”?
The nine remaining bakers will make their way to the famous tent for the fourth episode of season 14 of The Great British Bake Off.
The show is changing this week to air on Wednesday instead, so you can watch it on Channel 4 on October 18, 2023 at 8pm.
The theme of the latest show is Chocolate Week.
In the “Signature” they bake a tricky cake before baking a cheesecake in the “Technical”.
The Showstopper Challenge puts contestants’ skills to the test as they prepare a box of chocolates to impress judges Paul Hollywood and Prue Leith.
So far the competition topics on “The Great British Bake Off” have been:
- Week 4: Chocolate week
- Week 3: Bread week
- Week 2: Cookie week
- Week 1: Cake week
Who is taking part in Bake Off 2023?
The show started with 12 bakers, with one leaving each week.
The Great British Bake Off cast includes:
- Abbi, 27, is a vegetable grower and delivery driver from Cumbria.
- Amos, 43, is a deli and food manager from North London – LEFT
- Cristy, 33, is a mother and assistant from East London.
- Dan, 42, is a civil engineer from Cheshire.
- Dana, 25, is a database administrator from Essex.
- Josh, 27, is a postdoctoral researcher from Leicestershire.
- Keith, 60, is a chartered accountant from Hampshire – LEFT
- Matty, 28, is a PE and science teacher from Cambridgeshire.
- Nicky, 52, is a retired cabin crew from the West Midlands.
- Rowan, 21, is a student from West Yorkshire.
- Saku, 50, is an intelligence analyst from Herefordshire.
- Tasha, 27, is an engagement officer from Bristol.
Who are the Bake Off hosts and judges?
For Bake Off 2023 the judges have remained the same, with Paul Hollywood and Prue Leith deciding weekly who gets Star Baker and who leaves the tent.
However, after Matt Lucas left the series, there was a shake-up among the presenters.
However, popular presenter Noel Fielding is back to host the famous show, but he has a new co-host by his side – Alison Hammond.
Speaking about how she got the Plum Bake Off job and how different it is to squirt on This Morning, she told Channel 4: “It’s like being on holiday – it’s wonderful, it’s free and you feel sure.”
“You don’t have to think politically about anything. It’s just a happy and safe show.”
When is Bake Off on Channel 4?
The Great British Bake Off airs Tuesday nights at 8pm on Channel 4.
Read more on the Irish Sun
Season 14 consists of ten episodes, the last one will air on November 28, 2023.
You can watch past episodes of the show on the Channel 4 website.