House prices are forecast to continue falling even if the Bank of England leaves interest rates unchanged this week.
In this episode of our new show Lunch Money, we explain why Zoopla’s property experts are predicting more bad news for the property market and look at what’s happening with mortgage rates.
Simon Lambert is joined on today’s show by Lee Boyce from This is Money and Richard Hunter, head of markets at Interactive Investor.
In addition to real estate prices on the agenda:
- Why are fewer borrowers refinancing now that interest rates have skyrocketed?
- Will the Bank of England raise interest rates this week or keep them unchanged?
- Are savers about to reach their final savings rate of over 6 percent?
- Do banks benefit from higher interest rates?
- Why did BP’s latest update send its share price lower?
Produced in partnership with Interactive Investor, Lunch Money delivers the personal finance and business news you need to know every Tuesday and Thursday lunchtime.
Sign up for the This is Money newsletter using this link or enter your email address in the box below to make sure you don’t miss the latest episode.