Woman treats a severe allergic reaction that leaves her face puffing up like it’s just another Tuesday

Have you ever almost died from an allergic reaction but didn’t really know that it was life-threatening and that you were on the verge of death? That happened Tick ​​tock User shiv_sewlal recently when she casually decided, “Hmm, I better take a look at this,” while her face looked like that of a character from a horror movie about killer bees.

The nonchalance of her first reaction is what takes the whole thing to a new level. In the TikTok, her eyes are so swollen that it looks like someone filled them with air. The redness of the eyes extends to the cheeks like a macabre mask from the film Seen.

“Like I never know when to actually go to the hospital,” Shiv said, clearly needing to go to the hospital urgently. “I’m fine all around.”

You can feel Well, Shiv, but you see like death is literally preparing to take you at any moment. “It’s like not looking good,” she said. You think??

The swelling around her eyes is so bad that she can barely see anything, which she tells viewers as she carefully looks for things in her apartment. Hopefully she doesn’t drive! Speaking of which, she can’t even get to her Uber because her complex facial recognition door opens and she isn’t recognized. The irony!

Things get serious at the hospital when the doctors examine her. The first thing the doctor tells her is: “You have to go to the resuscitation bed.”

By the way, a resuscitation bed is a bed that is specifically designed for correct CPR positioning when necessary and has a range of monitoring and life-saving equipment nearby. Basically these are emergencies.

Shiv realizes pretty quickly that this isn’t a good thing and becomes visibly nervous. The doctor asks her if she used her “adrenaline pen.” Then when she says that’s not the case and the doctor asks why, he doesn’t really have a good answer.

Then the treatment begins. Your first injection will be in your leg, on the side of your thigh. The first. She also finds out that she simply touched something that may have touched something she was allergic to.

Her second injection hit directly in the arm and appeared to be painful, with Shiv saying it “felt like it had stabbed my bone.” You’re not done yet. The third injection is an IV into her arm. At this point she is “freezing” and “shaking and stuff.”

Your eyes actually look a little less puffy at this point. “What’s scary is that I would literally just take an allergy pill and then sleep. I thought I was being too dramatic.” You weren’t, Shiv, and if you had fallen asleep we would have had a very different outcome.

“Everyone here is pretty stressed,” she said. “If in doubt, just go to the hospital.”

Finally, Shiv shares a video from the next day. She’s still swollen, but she’s alive and “feeling good.” She also shared another TikTok from the hospital bed saying, “Well, I just learned that if I touch anything that comes into contact with peanuts, it could kill me.”

Per Mayo Clinica peanut allergy occurs when “your immune system misidentifies peanut proteins as something harmful.” Direct or indirect contact with peanuts causes your immune system to release symptom-causing chemicals into your bloodstream.”

Contact with peanuts usually occurs in different ways. First, there is direct contact, which means someone has direct skin contact with peanuts. Then there is cross-contact contamination with peanuts. This happens when food comes into contact with peanuts at some point during processing or packaging.

You may also breathe in dust or aerosols that contain peanuts, such as peanut flour or peanut oil-based cooking spray.

So what do you do if someone experiences a life-threatening reaction, also called anaphylaxis? If this occurs to anyone, call 911 immediately. Ask if the person has an epinephrine auto-injector, also known colloquially as an “Epipen.”

If they have a pen, ask if they need help. Lay her on her back and ask her to be still. Don’t give them anything to drink. If your child vomits, move his head to the side to prevent him from choking.

If the person is not breathing, perform CPR until emergency medical services arrive. Even if the situation seems to be improving, you should definitely seek emergency treatment.

Luckily for Shiv, she was able to receive treatment in time and everything went well. But she probably won’t be eating peanuts any time soon.

Lindsay Lowe

Lindsay Lowe is a Worldtimetodays U.S. News Reporter based in Canada. His focus is on U.S. politics and the environment. He has covered climate change extensively, as well as healthcare and crime. Lindsay Lowe joined Worldtimetodays in 2023 from the Daily Express and previously worked for Chemist and Druggist and the Jewish Chronicle. He is a graduate of Cambridge University. Languages: English. You can get in touch with me by emailing: LindsayLowe@worldtimetodays.com.

Related Articles

Back to top button